Royal Yachting Association (RYA) sail training courses are world renown for their quality and content . In Europe these courses are utilised as a pathway to a commercial yachting qualification.
In Australia, “Yachting Australia” adopted the RYA training scheme in 2006 for its cruising and keelboat training. Yacht Training Victoria is a fully accredited YA/RYA Sail Training Centre.
All our practical courses take place on Port Phillip Bay, Victoria, and start from the Royal Yacht Club of Victoria in Williamstown.
Our yacht Storm is a modern and very comfortable Beneteau First 40, extensively equipped for training. This is no worn-out old racing yacht! You will feel like a VIP.
The practical courses we run are:
- RYA Start sailing (beginner)
- Basic crewing skills (Intermediate)
- Passage Making (Bridging course)
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper
- RYA Coastal Skipper
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Preparation
- International Certificate of Competency (ICC)
Below are a few snippets from our Joining Instructions, which you will receive on signing up for a course.
On courses that involve overnight stays, participants will stay on board. Bolero’s accommodation comprises one double berth cabin with bathroom, two cabins each with twin berths, a settee berth in the main cabin and a second toilet. Please note you will be required to share a cabin.
- For courses that involve overnight stays on the yacht, all meals are included. (Note, however, that we may eat ashore on one evening, the cost of which you will need to cover. Don’t worry, it won’t be expensive.)
- Lunch and morning/afternoon tea are provided on courses that do not involve overnight stays on the yacht.
- On 5-day courses we’ll pull into marinas a number of times over the duration – where you can shower. For showers onboard, please remember water on board is precious and limited.
- Everyone on board will be involved in meal preparation and clean up.
- Those that wish to bring alcohol may do so – but standing orders are that no alcohol is consumed until the completion of the sailing day. Bear in mind that we will keep you busy into the evening on most days.
- We are very aware how precious your holiday leave is, so many of our courses are based around long weekends.