Royal Yachting Association (RYA) sail training courses are world renown for their quality and content . In Europe these courses are utilised as a pathway to a commercial yachting qualification. Yacht Training Victoria is a fully accredited YA/RYA Sail Training Centre.
Our yacht Storm is a modern and very comfortable Beneteau First 40, extensively equipped for training. This is no worn-out old racing yacht! You will feel like a VIP.
The practical courses we run are:
- RYA Start Yachting (beginner)
- Boat skills (Intermediate)
- Passage Making
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper
- RYA Coastal Skipper
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Preparation
- International Certificate of Competency (ICC)
All courses beyond Competent Crew require participants to possess a recommended level of sailing experience and theory knowledge. Follow the above links to individual courses for details.
“Boat Skills “and “Passage Making” courses can be taken as stand alone courses.
On live-aboard courses, participants will stay on board Storm.
In these days of Covid 19, we require you to provide details of a Negative test within 24 hrs of the course commencement, a RAT test will be considered adequate.
of Her accommodation comprises one double berth in the forward cabin , bathroom with toilet and shower, two aft cabins each with twin berths, and two settee berth in the main cabin . Please note you may be required to share a cabin.
- For courses that involve overnight stays on the yacht, all meals are included. (Note, however, that we may eat ashore on one evening, the cost of which you will need to cover. Don’t worry, it won’t be expensive.)
- Lunch and morning/afternoon tea are provided on courses that do not involve overnight stays on the yacht.
- On 5-day live-aboard courses we’ll pull into marinas a number of times over the duration – where you can shower. For showers onboard, please remember water on board is precious and limited.
- Everyone on board will be involved in meal preparation and clean up.
- Those that wish to bring alcohol may do so – but standing orders are that no alcohol is consumed until the completion of the sailing day. Bear in mind that we will keep you busy into the evening on most days.
- We are very aware how precious your holiday leave is, so many of our courses are based around long weekends.